lichess.org
Donate

Advice for black

You played well. You could've waited with 15... Ne4 and I'm not a fan of how the f-pawn got exchanged for the g-pawn, but the first 24 moves were quite good.
Still good advice though! If you want to win at chess, don't lose. Sorted.
Well I suppose it was evenly matched for a while setting computers aside to say the least. What I think you could've done honestly is after move 27 you said when you put your queen to put the king in check for the first time I think you could've moved your bishop to check to even up the odds or gain an advantage I don't know.
chunky's philosphical depth again... Grasshopper: the way you "don't lose" is to twist every move into a way to win!! There's a point here especially relevant for Black... As a novice my best chance of beating a good player is by playing w/ black: this is because you can -- for example-- craft 4 of your ? 1st 12 moves that APPEAR to be defensive as shifts of pieces & line openings to prepare for attack. Think of how a cobra coils before striking... ____ The danger I illustrate tooo often is you can constrict yourself too much. I was recently beaten by this strategy where the Knight & bishop pairs on either side worked together & shredded me. Play superior players to learn superior chess. I now have 3 people to go to when I need to see what good chess looks like... 2 of them I have never beaten ...
I wish I'd said nothing... GREAT game. Advice?: 1) don't take mine 2) i don't understand why you didn't grab the h pawn on move 24 -- possible then posting the bishop with your h pawn.. 3) @ move 34 would have tried to tuck my King into the corner...
Thanks everyone for your comments! :) I'll try not to lose again

@MoralIntentions So perhaps 23...g6 offered a better alternative, possibly going for 24...h5 and transfer the action to the H or G file.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.